Menu

5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Incredibly Vague Early Review: FUNNY PEOPLE


I just got back from the first official screening of Funny People. I was all set to give you an early review, but unfortunately, Universal made me sign, literally, three different documents saying I wouldn't say anything about it.



SO, without giving anything away for fear of the horrifying legal actions that the contracts said Universal could take, here is what I thought.

This, my friends, is Judd Apatow's best movie yet. It's really, really good. I wish I could get into more detail about it, but just trust me.

This is the best acting done by Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler for sure. Rogen again, plays that damn charming character that he always seems to, which makes me even more depressed about the upcoming Observe and Report. Who wants to see him be a jerk?

The amount of cameos in this movie are also fantastic.

Leslie Mann is also much more likable than usual. She and Eric Bana work great together. Bana is even quite funny at times, something I didn't even know he had in him.

I heard Apatow wanted to make people "laugh twice as hard, and cry twice as hard" as his other films. He doesn't really achieve this, but the movie is still great. It's not necessarily as comedically fast paced as Knocked Up, or Superbad, but it's still hilarious and well written. And as for the drama, it definitely tugged at my heart strings.

I wish I could say more. Guys, see this movie. If the final cut is anything like what I saw tonight, you won't be disappointed.







5 stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you do realise eric bana was a stand up comedian in australia before he was an actor, and a very successful one too

Disclaimer:
Views and comments expressed by readers and guest contributors are not necessarily shared by the consistent team of THE MOVIE WATCH. This is a free speech zone and we will not censor guest bloggers, but ask that you do not hold us accountable for what they proclaim.