Menu

5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

As Good as a Movie


Hey internet,

I don't have anything especially profound to say today, so I thought I would throw another one of my opinions at you.

I was never a TV watcher. It was always movies, movies, movies with me. It was only a couple years ago that I actually began following a few TV shows. Only a few.

I started to think about what most hour-long dramas have in common. That seems to be what's popular in TV. After some contemplation, I thought that these shows are shot like movies.

Take L O S T for example. That show is as cinematic as anything I've ever seen.

Now, as soon as I'm done writing this article, I'm going to go watch the episode of Chuck I missed last night. This is another example of something that makes me feel like I'm watching a movie, rather than a TV show. Obviously, some of my favorite sitcoms like The Office and Arrested Development do not have too much of the movie feel, but I do feel like most of what I'm drawn to is very much like film.

Clearly, I can't speak for the whole world, but in my opinion, shows like L O S T, Firefly, Chuck, and 24 are shot like movies.

So, really, which is better? Movies or TV?

2 comments:

Ezra Edmond said...

You can't really say that one is straight up better, both of them have their draw point.

Damn, i missed Chuck last night too!

Wilder Shaw said...

THE NEWEST ONE IS SO F***N AWESOME

Disclaimer:
Views and comments expressed by readers and guest contributors are not necessarily shared by the consistent team of THE MOVIE WATCH. This is a free speech zone and we will not censor guest bloggers, but ask that you do not hold us accountable for what they proclaim.