Menu

5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars

Monday, January 24, 2011

The Wachowskis Return to The Matrix..... again....

Remember this marvelous franchise? Wait, let me rephrase. Remember when a fantastic film came out in 1999, and then got way too caught up in itself with two later sequels? The Matrix Trilogy. And according to star Keanu Reeves, it will soon become The Matrix Quintilogy.
Matrix-Trilogy [Blu-ray] 



That's right. Apparently,  the directors of the original three films, Larry and Andy Wachowski are gearing up to make two more sequels, to be shot in 3D, to hopefully 'deliver something which has "never been seen" and would "truly transform" the action movie genre.'

What do you think? I recently watched The Matrix: Reloaded and Revolutions again, and still wasn't thrilled. Don't know if I want to see any more of them. It seems to me that with Larry and Andy Wachowski's recent failures Speed Racer and Ninja Assassin, they are turning back to what worked for them the first time, afraid they can't do anything else.

1 comment:

Jess Weiss said...

I feel the same...
Loved the original Matrix, but I hated the sequels...

I don't think 2 more movies would be good for the whole saga, but... what can I do?!

Disclaimer:
Views and comments expressed by readers and guest contributors are not necessarily shared by the consistent team of THE MOVIE WATCH. This is a free speech zone and we will not censor guest bloggers, but ask that you do not hold us accountable for what they proclaim.