Menu

5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars5 stars

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Wilder's Picks - The Best of '09

Hey internet,

Seeing that 2009 is coming to a close, and I write for a movie blog, there seemed only one thing appropriate to do.

Here are, in my opinion, the top ten best films of 2009. Keep in mind that I HAVE NOT SEEN Inglourious Basterds, Moon, or The Hurt Locker. I imagine all of those belong somewhere on this list in place of some, but I simply have not seen them.

Ehem.


10) Avatar

Read Jose's review here.




9) Away We Go

Read my review here.


8) Up in the Air

Read my review here.


7) Adventureland

Read my review here.


6) Zombieland

Read my review here.


5) (500) Days of Summer



4) Where the Wild Things Are

Read Patrick's review here.


3) Funny People

Read my early review here.


2) Watchmen

Read Patrick's review here.



And the best movie of the year...

1) Up

Read Ezra's review here.



So there you have it.
Perhaps I will do a top 5 worst.

Perhaps.

3 comments:

JC Elizondo said...

Wilder you are clearly missing Avatar and Inglorious Basterds here.

JC Elizondo said...

Just read you did not see those. Sorry.
Yeah alright so list is good but those two plus Hurt Locker, 500 Days of Summer and Up in the Air would probably be in a more complete list. I have still not seen Where the Wild Things Are, Whatever Works, nor Mystery Team. Yet so I will go.

Wilder Shaw said...

Ugh, I can't believe I forgot 500 Days of Summer. I fixed the list.

Disclaimer:
Views and comments expressed by readers and guest contributors are not necessarily shared by the consistent team of THE MOVIE WATCH. This is a free speech zone and we will not censor guest bloggers, but ask that you do not hold us accountable for what they proclaim.